Lewis Hamilton: Start will be crucial

With overtaking opportunities at the Hungaroring limited, Lewis Hamilton knows a good start will be vital to his chances of claiming a race win

Hamilton is on a high having won last time out in Germany, and having qualified second in Hungary is in with a shout of claiming back-to-back wins for the first time in 13 months.

However, the Briton is well aware of the importance of being in front at the first corner.

"It's going to be important to start like a rocket man because you can't overtake here, apart from in the pit stops, so it's vital to have an even better start if I'm to win," said Hamilton.

"But I'm not thinking I should have been on pole, although it was a possibility because we've been quick this weekend.

"I knew it was going to be very close, and if I'm honest I knew it was going to be difficult to be ahead of Sebastian.

"But I'm positive ahead of tomorrow. Jenson (Button) qualified third, and he is in a nice sweet spot ready for tomorrow for the start down to turn one.

"I'm just massively happy we're in the fight because not so long ago we were behind the Red Bulls and Ferraris, and now we're splitting them.

"We have both been saying how nice it is to drive the car, and we hope it will continue to be like this for the rest of the season."

Button too heads into Sunday's race feeling positive having secured his best grid position since May.

"Qualifying has been my issue of late, which has made it difficult for the race, so it's nice to be positioned well," said Button.

"When you are that close to the front you have to go for the win," he added.

Source: Planet-F1