Button: Will be nice to be able to drive for win from outset

Jenson Button: All in all, I guess I'm pretty happy with P3. I'll start from the clean side of the track, and I'm feeling very positive about the race

Jenson Button has said he is feeling 'very positive' about Sunday's F1 2011 Hungarian GP.

Button has had a bit of a difficult run of late, especially in qualifying, and so he was 'pretty happy' to secure third in his McLaren MP4-26 following the top-ten shootout today at the 2.72 mile Hungaroring.

Furthermore the fact he was only 0.046 seconds off Lewis Hamilton in the sister car in P2, was another very encouraging sign, although admittedly his team-mate did mess up his second lap.

Still it was a good performance and it bodes well for tomorrow, when JB will be out to bounce back from two retirements in succession, both through no fault of his own though it should be added, with a wheel nut problem putting him out at Silverstone and hydraulics sidelining him last weekend in Germany.

“All in all, I guess I'm pretty happy with P3. I'll start from the clean side of the track, and I'm feeling very positive about the race,” Button said.

“Having said that though, after a lap that was as close to pole as mine was today, you always catch yourself thinking that there must have been a little bit here or a little bit there that would have been enough to bridge the gap, which was just two-tenths this afternoon, but to be fair to myself I actually think I drove a pretty decent quali-lap.

“To be honest, qualifying has been a bit of an issue for me recently – and, although I relish attacking any circuit in an effort to make up places on a Sunday afternoon, I guess you're always going to be playing catch-up if you start much farther back than the first two rows.

“So, this weekend, it is very nice to be in a position to drive for a win from the outset, and that's definitely what I will now be attempting to do tomorrow,” he vowed.


Source: Crash.net