Sebastian Vettel F1 Blog: Driver bullish ahead of European Grand Prix

Sebastian Vettel tells us about some Spanish traditions ahead of the European Grand Prix in Valencia and how he prefers one type of bull to another...

by Sebastian Vettel on Jun 24, 2011

¡OlĂ©!

Don't worry! I won't start my first blog from Spain by going through the whole of my Spanish vocabulary but yesterday I learned the traditional call of the local bull fighters.

I met one yesterday who taught me all about this Spanish tradition. It’s a lot harder than it looks! I’d always thought it was the colour of the cloth that made the bull react, but actually it’s all about the moves the matador makes, which look a lot like dancing.

I'm a lot more confident in my Red Bull than I would ever be in front of an actual bull - not that I ever plan to be! But I sure needed a day to calm down after my last-minute mistake in Canada. Everything's fine again now as I'm not really the kind of guy who spends a lot of time thinking about past mistakes, because it doesn't help.

'I'm not really the kind of guy who spends a lot of time thinking about past mistakes'

Mistakes happen and it's important to pick yourself up again and make sure you don't do the same again.

That's also why I’m so happy being back in Valencia and able to start a bit over again – I just love this track. It’s a beautiful track because it’s so close to the water – we have that part where we race over the bridge – but it's also a tough race.

It's kind of a mix between Montreal and Monaco, with long straights on the one side and a few slow turns on the other. Despite that challenge, I'm quite optimistic about this weekend and I’m sure we’ll do well here.

I also want to say a few words about the rule changes from the last weeks. I think it gets harder and harder to know what is actually allowed and what isn’t, but we will continue to rise to the challenge and I'm positive that my team will as usual find the perfect way to deal with the upcoming changes.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Sebastian

Source: Red Bull