Schumi denies blocking Hamilton in Spain


Michael Schumacher has denied blocking Lewis Hamilton during the Spanish Grand Prix weekend to help his friend, countryman and championship leader Sebastian Vettel win the Barcelona race.

British media have reported that McLaren’s Hamilton alleged the seven time world champion blocked him after letting Vettel, his regular teammate for the end-of-season Race of Champions event, easily pass while being lapped.

“I won’t speak to him [Schumacher] about it,” said Hamilton. “I don’t want to waste my time or my breath.”

Responded Schumacher, “That certainly must have been a misunderstanding. I try to get out of the way for anybody.

“It’s true that Sebastian and I are friends,” he told the German news agency SID, “but on the track, I’m not for or against anybody.”

A McLaren spokesman confirmed: “There is no conspiracy.”


Source: YallaF1